Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Psychotic Little Christmas - Alec's Seasonal Shopping Guide - #9: Pokémon Black and White

So, did anyone guess my hint? I didn’t think so. Because it was a pretty dumb hint at that. Skinny was supposed to be referring to skin colors, and skin colors are usually black or white. Now do you know where I’m going with this? I knew it. It’s pretty obvious when you think about it. I obviously meant Pokemon Black and White. It was obvious all along, wasn’t it?

So now it’s 10 days until Christmas. We’re reaching the final stretch! It’s so close...there’s so much you can do in 10 days. ...I can’t think of any examples off the top of my head, but just keep in mind there’s a ton you can do in 10 days.
 
 
So now we have Pokemon. Pokemon is fun. Pokemon is glorious. I love Pokemon. Pokemon is what makes the world go round. Without Pokemon, we have nothing. Anybody who doesn’t like Pokemon is bad and should feel bad (looking at you, Crybos).

After five generations of Pokemon, what makes Black and White so spectacular? It’s the fact that the same gameplay from the very first games is still around. Why mess with something that’s brilliant? So, Gamefreak decided to redo the first generation’s gameplay, just adding a bit more and more each time (and then they literally decided to redo the first generation, 3 times, but that’s a different story). And you know what? It’s still amazing.

This game takes place in the Unova region. There’s a hundred and some new Pokemon, and it’s going to be great! This game does something different that the others don’t, though. It forces you to only use the new Pokemon, until the end of the game. I think this is a good addition because you just can’t recycle your old teams again, but instead have to put thought into using only Unova Pokemon, and for a person who’s used to all the older Pokemon (like me), it’s kind of a difficult switch, making for a fun game experience.
 
The Unova Region
 
So, for Pokemon n00bs, you might be wondering why there are two different versions of the same game. There’s a kind of good reason for that (not really, the real reason is that Gamefreak just wants to steal all of your money), and that is that there’s different Pokemon in the different versions. There’s also some different towns, for example White has White Forest and Black has Black City.

So why should you get this game? Because Pokemon is fun! Well, if you like a relaxed RPG with a bit of strategy, I think this is your type of game. I know I love this game. I love Pokemon. So buy this. Or don’t. See if I care.

0 comments:

Post a Comment