Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Psychotic Little Christmas - Alec's Seasonal Shopping Guide - #11: Batman: Arkham City

It’s now December 13th. Today, we have a treat for you. A couple of jokes, you might say. Some riddling riddles for you, too. Some penguining penguins, too. Wait, what? Penguining isn’t even a word! Well, it should be. Any word I invent shall be added to the dictionary. PENGUINING - Verb. The act of acting like a penguin. ‘My best friend Mark went penguining today. He loves penguins!’
 

Anyway, from the title, you can probably see where I’m going with this. So let’s jump straight in now. Today I’m going to be talking about Batman: Arkham City! This game follows Batman...in a city...and the Joker...doing stuff...with Batarangs? Yeah...I honestly know hardly anything about this game offhand. I know that it’s a sequel to Arkham Asylum, which is excellent. I liked Arkham Asylum, it’s a really fun game. Now imagine this fun game, but instead of traversing a prison and the surrounding island, now you’re exploring the vast and expansive Arkham City, which is five times bigger than Arkham Asylum. Judging by how large the map was in Arkham City, this area is just gigantic.

So why am I recommending a game I’ve never played before? Simply because it’s friggin’ Batman! Ask Pssych if you doubt me, he owns the game. This game was the Game of the Year for a whole lot of people. If it’s not good, then darn it, why do you people buy bad games? Why else should you buy this game? Because if for some reason you don’t like Batman, there’s still a wonderful story, and a wonderful combat system packed into this game. Oh, and did I mention  that if you get the PS3 version you get to play as the Joker with added DLC? I would pay $60 just to play as the Joker!
 
Even though I don't know exactly what's going on here, I know it's amazing. Because it's Batman.

So I apologize for not knowing a whole lot about this game. I’m a big boy, I admit my mistakes. Never playing this game was a mistake. I would still like to pick it up in the future, so that’s how good it is, in my opinion. I can tell you now, this is the only game on my list I have never even watched somebody play. I know I did not do this game justice. I hardly scratched the surface about why this game is awesome, and I’m sorry. I know this game is amazing. Batman is amazing.

Even though I don’t know a ton about this game, I know that it is brilliant. I’ve sadly only played the first game, Arkham Asylum, so I’m missing out. But just because I’ve never played something, doesn’t mean I can’t recommend it, because I KNOW for a FACT it is amazing. If you want a good time, with beating up baddies, and solving Bat-puzzles, you need to pick up this game. Hell, I need to pick up this game.

tl;dr Batman. Buy this.

PS. Get your pickaxes ready for tomorrow’s blocky game!

1 comment: